We will be pre-screening ALL patients at the time of booking, via our SMS and email reminders and also during confirmation calls the day before your appointment.
Questions that we will ask you are:
- What is your vaccination status?
- Do you have any cold and flu symptoms associated with COVID-19? (Such as fever, new or worsening cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose, temp loss of sense of smell, altered sense of taste)
- Are you awaiting the results from being tested for COVID-19?
- Have you been notified to being a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case?
The wearing of a surgical grade face mask in the clinic is mandatory, and should be worn covering both the nose and mouth. If you have a mask exemption, we will ask to sight the exemption and will document this on your file with your verbal consent. Should you not have a surgical mask, we can provide you with one.
All Sports Doctors staff are covered by the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 and are compliant with the mandatory vaccination timelines.
Sports Doctors will be screening all new patients for their vaccination status. This will determine the booking process for patients, appointment times and the level of PPE required for our staff.
As a way to minimise the risk of transmission we may require you to have a telehealth appointment initially, in-person appointments will be made for those that require one. In person appointments for unvaccinated patients will be made at a specified time so that our doctors can adhere to the PPE/ cleaning requirements to keep themselves safe and ensure minimal contact with other staff and vulnerable patients. This ensures the safety of our staff and patients that are immunocompromised.
Patient Support Person(s)
To ensure we are maintaining distancing guidelines in our waiting room and consult rooms we would prefer that you come to your appointment alone. However, if it is essential for you to have a support at your appointment, you may bring one person with you. Any support person accompanying you will need to be fully vaccinated and also be required to respect our screening safety and care procedures in place.
WHEN YOU COME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
While you are visiting us, we ask that your follow the Government guidelines at this time. This includes:
1. Compulsory scanning in on the Covid Tracer App
2. Mandatory wearing of a surgical face mask (Unless you have an exemption)
3. Maintain physical distancing